MRI for elevated PSA

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #59469 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic MRI for elevated PSA
I have not heard nor read about PSA elevation being a side effect of BCG. From what little I remember from my docs, it is somewhat normal as men age to have a slow increase in the PSA number. 1.68 to a 5 is a quick increase. Also, from what I remember (I haven't really discussed these with them in 3-4 years, 65-70 year olds have readings from what I recall is at 4.5 to 6.0) a 6 is border elevated but, your numbers appear to have stabilized. At the same time, none of us are doctors so I'd ask for clarification next time you meet. The pelvic MRI sounds reasonable to me.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #59468 by frannie72
MRI for elevated PSA was created by frannie72
My husband is almost 2 years since diagnosis (High grade T1), has had several rounds of BCG. This last round went fine but the blood work showed an elevated PSA (6.49). His previous BCG was 5 months ago, it was interrupted by the shortage and corona. They want to do a pelvic MRI this week. I thought an elevated PSA was a side effect of BCG?

January 2018 it was 1. 68, dx in August 2018, had surgery and started BCG. Next PSA was January 2019 and it was 6.18, then in October 2019 it was 5.53 and now this one from last week is 6.49.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne