No side effects from BCG 5th week

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #59453 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic No side effects from BCG 5th week
While side effects sometimes are a good sign, some have those and still have recurrences. Also, over time, especially into maintenance regimens is where the cumulative effects often cause problems. As you have had 5 of your 1st course you are close to being done and the old cysto that will follow is the real test. Being early detection it is possible your TURB and what your URO did may have also destroyed the bad cells. Either burning and/or what is often used is a bladder wash of chemo to prevent re-seeding.

Glad you are able to play golf. I do too. Keep posting as you have questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #59452 by Regor
Replied by Regor on topic No side effects from BCG 5th week
57, have CIS, been through 2 TURBT, Induction, and numerous Maintenenace.

I had a pretty strong reaction during my 6 Induction, and since then - almost nothing. A slight fever here and there, but not bad. I wondered the same thing, and asked Urologist , she confirmed - doesn't mean anything to not have side effects (except lucky).

TURBT Jan 2019; Diag: CIS
Induction BCG (Mar 19) /Maint BCG (Aug 19)
TURBT Nov 2019; Diag: CIS
Repeat Induction BCG - Jan 2020 Complete

3 years 10 months ago #59451 by KirkD
No side effects from BCG 5th week was created by KirkD
I'm 66 years old and have CIS with early diagnosis. I have a healthy immune system. Before I started BCG I read about all the possible side effects. I am now in week 5 and have had none of them. I even questioned my urologist and asked if no side effects equates to no immune response, and he said not to worry. I played 18 holes yesterday and frankly forgot I even had bladder cancer.

Has anyone else experienced no side effects?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne