Bladder removal

4 years 1 week ago #59321 by tubguy
Replied by tubguy on topic Bladder removal
I feel for you as I am exhausted with all the treatments, we can keep in touch if you like and I can provide you with my experience with surgery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swarmy2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #59320 by swarmy2007
Replied by swarmy2007 on topic Bladder removal
Lot of reliable medical advice to you for sure. My case they have chosen "containment" to date. Not been a fun ride with near constant treatment/chemo scopes Turbt and accompanying miseries but so far my optimistic Urologist & Oncologist has opted this path. I'm 69 heart attacks, lots underlying issues maybe why.... yet will attest each turn of the screws this "containment" program has weakened me and caused me to wonder how waiting improves my chances with surgery which I understand is inevitable. Decisions decisions such a life huh. I trust my doctors yet should I. My age I tend just put it all in God's hands and enjoy each day. Good luck and stay strong..... ps.... they have never done a PET scan on me.... they seem think not necessary??? I am just dumb patient.

4 years 1 week ago #59319 by tubguy
Replied by tubguy on topic Bladder removal
I am 59, good shape, however I do have diabetes . My cancer is high grade and a recent pet scan shows no spread an a recent biopsy says not invasive. My urologist locally says I need surgery. Went to Barns , they agree, went to North Western and they concur as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swarmy2007

4 years 1 week ago #59318 by swarmy2007
Replied by swarmy2007 on topic Bladder removal
Lot of variables here. Your age? overall condition health? All the individual implications. I ask what type cancer is it? A T-0 or T-1 and is it low grade or high grade? I've had a T-1 High grade for 3+ years 4 turbts w/BCG then Gemzar and failed all BCG yet still staying contained with 3xmonth scopes & maintenance Gemzar to allow maintaining my bladder and parts. Just curious why they have opted for radical cystectomy ur case? If low grade then low chance for spreading with observation. If high grade then I am really inte4rested for am at the point of decision myself and need understanding of driving principles for that decision. Good luck.

4 years 1 week ago #59317 by tubguy
Bladder removal was created by tubguy
Hello Everyone,
I have had non invasive bladder cancer for 4 years and have had 2 rounds of BCG and 1 round of Valrubison to no avail. I am scheduled for bladder removal on May 6th,2020. I am interested in knowing what my experience will be during recovery. Is it painful, can I work in my home office and how long will it take to feel good enough to do so. Whats it going to be like. Anyone been through this?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne