Cystoscopy

4 years 2 months ago #59070 by swarmy2007
Replied by swarmy2007 on topic Cystoscopy
Had my scope today "NO RETURN TUMORS" 6 months now.... 1st 6 months clear in 3 years. I did the "cough" doctor agreed it relaxes the sphincters dropping prostate a bit for second and is good method. He warned me as he was hitting the "bump" I gently coughed couple times.... slipped right on past with minimal discomfort. Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #59066 by October28
Replied by October28 on topic Cystoscopy
Thanks very much. I will try breathing and visualizing, but will also consider Atlanta's advice as the real challenge is anxiety before procedure.

I appreciate your help,
Michael

Michael H.

4 years 2 months ago #59065 by October28
Replied by October28 on topic Cystoscopy
Many thanks, the cough is worth a try! I appreciate the advice.
Michael

Michael H.

4 years 2 months ago #59048 by swarmy2007
Replied by swarmy2007 on topic Cystoscopy
Early on a nurse trained me to gently "cough" when inserting scope or cath to ease it past the "prostate bump" and if timing is right it works well. Sorta reminds me old Army physical back in 60's..... turn ur head and cough????

4 years 2 months ago #59046 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Cystoscopy
Michael,

I have done probably 15-18 of these "lovely" scopes over the years. Pain free? I describe more like "uncomfy". I kinda self hypnotize myself to say it is only 15-20 seconds to get through the prostate as that is where most of the irritation is. plus, I fill my mind with other things until that day before. As Atlanta said another pain pill may be good or maybe simply ibuprofen or tylenol. I prefer to do just the gel and get it over. Either way, you are not alone wishing these were over.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 2 months ago #59044 by Atlanta51
Replied by Atlanta51 on topic Cystoscopy
Michael, I take a 10 MG Diazepan before each procedure. It helps me a great deal.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne