BCG help

4 years 3 months ago #58918 by NelsJenn
Replied by NelsJenn on topic BCG help
I went through nine BCG infusions before feeling side effects. I tried using Tylenol and Advil, but this didn't work. My doctor took me off BCG to heal. I am going to be scoped in three months to see if I can continue treatment.

Bladder Cancer - Non-Invasive 2019
High Grade - T1
2 TURBT - 2019
9 BCG Infusions - 2019
Ureter Tumor Discovered - 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58915 by Jessica0927
Replied by Jessica0927 on topic BCG help
Thank you!!!! Your advice is always so appreciated!

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #58914 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG help
Side effects as you describe are somewhat normal. Drink lots of water to flush things through. The good news is those side affects generally means things are working. Pain killers are also good such as Vicodin and pyridium. I always told myself if this is the worse I would face that is ok considering systemic chemo and it’s horrors. As always keep your docs in the loop. He will get through this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 3 months ago #58913 by Jessica0927
BCG help was created by Jessica0927
My dad has his second BCG treatment today and he’s super uncomfortable. Last week he had his first one and it was great and unremarkable. Different story today! He had bloody urine and a lot of irritation. Anyone have any advice on how to handle these side effects? We are scared they will only get worse. I told him to take a Vicodin to help her some relieve of the pressure and irritation. I’m wondering if pyridium would help???? Any suggestions? Dos and don’t???

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne