× click the New Topic button to post

Second TURB after TURBT

6 months 3 weeks ago #58895 by Alan
The good news is you are on the way to beating this!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #58894 by Shacky73
Good news! Biopsy report in. Still have CIS. Meeting with MD next week to discuss treatment options including possible SWOG BCG trial.

Relieved there's no progression.

Jim

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #58890 by Shacky73
Good to see another Western NY'er!

I originally didn't want to put me and the family in position of traveling to NYC for every procedure and check ups.

But now that I've done it - and if you saw on my other post found that URMC misdiagnosed my second look biopsy in August - I'm a true believer.

Have a cousin in Westchester who said stay with him anytime.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #58887 by Knifedealer
"Dr. Bochner .. said he had a good look around and no visible lesions."
That's some good news right there. Thanks for checking back in with us.
I thought about you last week when I drove a buddy from Syracuse to Univ of Rochester for a neuro issue he is facing. I recalled you started your journey there, but opted to seek treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering and had an appointment on 1/10 for a second look. Should my situation progress and the need for a higher level of care (a Center of Excellence perhaps) arises, MSK would be an option for me. I'm paying close attention to your journey and your experience at MSK.

Fingers crossed on the biopsy result and wish the best outcome for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 4 weeks ago #58876 by Alan
Thanks for posting! Your situation confirms that second opinions are often good and we also need to be advocates for ourselves. Well done!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 4 weeks ago #58875 by Regor
GREAT to hear Shacky - good luck!

TURBT Jan 2019; Diag: CIS
Induction BCG (Mar 19) /Maint BCG (Aug 19)
TURBT Nov 2019; Diag: CIS
Repeat Induction BCG - Jan 2020 Complete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 106 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: terribleterrier
Yesterday Total Opened: 2 Yesterday Total Answered: 7
Total Posts: 53931 Total Subjects: 7071 Total Users: 6600