Continued urgency/pain

4 years 3 months ago #58828 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Continued urgency/pain
It only hurts when I have to pee. Seems as soon as I think about it it intensifies. Don’t know if it’s bladder, prostate, urethra (seep).

It’s starting to wear me out. And I’m thinking it’s going to get worse after my biopsy at MSK January 10.

I see Dr. Bochner for preop on 8th and will talk with him.

This has been pretty constant since my first TURBT with fulguration and where they also did a Urolift on prostate. So could be very irritated prostate.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58827 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Continued urgency/pain
If this has persisted more than a month after your last instillation, then yes it is unusual. For me it lasted about 1 or 2 days after each induction. It took a good month or two to fully subside and feel normal after my final course but, severe symptoms and pain after a month is not normal.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #58826 by Shacky73
Continued urgency/pain was created by Shacky73
I had initial TURBT with Urolift end of June. Second look biopsy mid August (sent home with 20f catheter that I still feel did damage coming out). 6 weeks mitomycin, then scope at MSK end of November (which was much more tolerable than initial scope in April.

I’ve had constant pain when I have to pee - it can get pretty intense if I have to hold it until able to get to toilet. Keep a cup on hand in car and when home can go every 20-30 minutes when drinking fluids.

I rarely sleep more than 2 (occasionally 3) hours at a time and most often I get up every hour.

Is this typical?

I had suggestion of vesicare but my insurance doesn’t seem to want to cover. On Flowmax twice a day.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne