TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!

3 years 3 months ago #60400 by Lin281693
Replied by Lin281693 on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
I've just finished my 6th BCG, and waiting to go for my post cystoscopy. I was told it is not easy to get follow up maintenance BCG, as there is a shortage. Was it difficult for you to get?
Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #60399 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
JigStep

LOL - I get the whole lock-down business ;^)

The granulomatous inflammation is pretty common with the BCG treatments - I get that reporting after ever cysto I've had since beginning this journey.

I admire your tenacity with respect to the coffee - I know for me that is the one thing that makes me pee all the time, but I am so used to drinking massive amounts of it that I find it difficult not to, it's just my go to beverage.

I look forward to hearing your next set of results to see if this has helped with the inflammation. BTW - are you having issues related to said inflammation, or is it just something that is being noted on your reports. Am curious to know if you see or feel any differences in you daily routine through the removal of the coffee.

We are with you in spirit - please keep us updated on your progress.

Hi Grade T1 CIS

3 years 3 months ago #60398 by JigStep
Replied by JigStep on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me..." Sorry, been locked down too long.

I've had cystitis, erythema (redness), and scaring since my first TURBT. It brought me in for two TURBs where no disease was found. The latest pathology said, "focal granulomatous inflammation consistent with BCG therapy" among other things. Doc's cystoscopy notes always say erythema. Keeps me coming back every three months. I'm trying an experiment: no coffee 'til the next cystoscopy. No fun, but I want to see if it helps reduce inflammation. Will report back to the Forum.

7/18 Gross hematuria; 8/18 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, LG, T1; 12/18 TURB: benign urothelial mucosa, cystitis; 9/19 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, HG noninvasive; 6/20 TURB: NED, inflammation; 10/21 TURB: NED, inflammation.

3 years 3 months ago #60397 by Sunshine2019
Replied by Sunshine2019 on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
A year later and things seem to be good. 3 months ago at a follow up there were no tumors and one red spot. However it was checked and all seemed to be great. Perhaps it was just some inflammation from the prior BCG treatments?

Follow Up today and there are again no tumors. The same red spot is there - same place. Doctor does not seem overly concerned, but wants to do a urine culture to be sure it's still nothing to be worried about.

Thoughts welcome!

4 years 3 months ago #58810 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
Canadian1

What a lovely statement

Thanks for your insight and input.

Happy Holidays

Hi Grade T1 CIS

4 years 3 months ago #58809 by Canadian1
Replied by Canadian1 on topic TURBT Followup - Thoughts Welcome!
Hello Sunshine!
So glad to hear about your results.
I am also a 68 yrs old who was diagnosed last June with a High Grade, Non Invasive Bladder Cancer. One high grade tumor and a few low grade areas. I was so scared.

Went through my first round of 6 BCG, 2nd cystoscopy was clear. Today going in for my 3 of 3 maintenance BCG. Yes bladder cancer tends to reoccur but as Alan so well said, even if along the way some of the results are more serious, in many cases they are correctable and we go on. A day at the time......

This forum has given me hope and strength.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne