Holding BCG For Two Hours

4 years 3 months ago #58697 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
BigRIJoe

I have struggled to hold for 2 hours, my understanding is this is the 'ideal' but not the make or break time.

My last installation (Nov 27, 2019) I held for 1:45:00, but was spasming so bad that I will not do this on my next round.

I hope you are able to continue on in your treatment as my doc states the BCG is doing an excellent job for me.

Hi Grade T1 CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58695 by Atlanta51
Replied by Atlanta51 on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
I think everyone is giving you great advice. I did well with each hold. My approach: light fare at dinner the night before, limited liquids the night before, no liquids or food the day of treatment, other than a swish to moisten my mouth. All of my treatments were at 11 AM, too. After the car ride home, horizontal on the sofa. I hope this helps.

4 years 3 months ago #58678 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
I always focused on just a few things. One day at a time. Plus, with each one down I was closer to the ending and ridding myself of this challenge. You will do fine.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 3 months ago #58677 by Knifedealer
Replied by Knifedealer on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
This thread has helped as I go for my first BCG treatment this afternoon.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #58552 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
I had 6 treatments, 6 off then 6 more. By 9, 10,11,12 I wasn't able to hold it for more than 60, then 45 then 30 minutes. You just do what you can do. You will do fine.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigRIJoe

4 years 4 months ago #58551 by BigRIJoe
Replied by BigRIJoe on topic Holding BCG For Two Hours
Sarah thank you for taking the time to chime in. Your work on this site is a GodSend. You've helped me in so many ways by yopur knowledge and encouragement I'm unable to count them. Thanks again

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne