Suggestion on next step for treatment

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #56876 by sohail009
Replied by sohail009 on topic Suggestion on next step for treatment
Thank you for your response, I will try to contact M.D. Anderson. And I fully understand the fact that here all the comments/suggestions are based on individuals personal experience/opinions not a professional or doctors opinion.

As per Jan 2019 biopsy report his cancer is still low grade.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #56875 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Suggestion on next step for treatment
Sohail, we needed to remove the attachment you included with your father's medical records. Because of privacy concerns we cannot allow postings which identify individuals. And, because we are not doctors, we are unable to give anything more than general advice.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #56873 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Suggestion on next step for treatment
The bladder may very well need to come out, or stay. It all depends on what stage and grade your Dad's tumor would be. Also, keep in mind none of are doctors. Simply volunteers that have had this kind of cancer.

2 years you indicated ago your dad's tumor was graded as low and non invasive? If it stayed that way and has not progressed it might mean he can keep that. This is all a doctor's call.

I am linking (you'll need to copy and paste as our links won't hyperlink) you to one if not the foremost hospital in the world for bladder cancer, M.D. Anderson in Houston, Texas. See: www.mdanderson.org/about-md-anderson/contact-us.html I'd at least try and call as maybe it is a starting point. Perhaps they can help with Singapore and Malaysia contacts.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 2 months ago #56872 by sohail009
Replied by sohail009 on topic Suggestion on next step for treatment
Thank you for your response. Any idea how much treatment will cost in USA (without Insurance) ?

As I mentioned I am doubting his doctor didn't spent enough time in each surgery to remove tumor. But it also seems to you that bladder don't need to be come out.

5 years 2 months ago #56871 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Suggestion on next step for treatment
Welcome. As I am not very familiar with Singapore and Malaysian hospitals let's hope someone watching these boards is. I just wanted to acknowledge that you are being heard.

Also, if your father was diagnosed properly 2 years ago it may be possible that his bladder does not need to come out. Do the best you can with references and perhaps any rating of hospitals where you want to go. Perhaps a university/teaching hospital as they seem to be on the leading edge of treatments. Beyond that I am not much help for which I am sorry.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #56870 by sohail009
Suggestion on next step for treatment was created by sohail009
Hello to all,

2-years back my father (age 65) was diagnosed with low grade Bladder cancer, he was getting every after 3-months TURP surgery from Pakistan. Until Nov-2018 he was asked to go for Chemotherapy, which he got done but it made him very much weak that he was not even able to walk and talk. After that Doctor again did surgery to find out and he said it's seems it's still their.

Now I suspect either Chemo was not done correctly or the TURP has been not doing correctly. Doctor may not spending enough time to remove all the tumor. He mentioned to me once he can not remove all, all he can do is to remove as much as he can and then send for Biopsy. Now he was sugegsting maybe we should remove the bladder which is life-threatening and I don't see a reason to remove yet at this point.

I planned to take him to another doctor now, maybe in Singapore so see better option. Honestly USA is not an option for me as he don't have any insurance and it's expensive to get treat in US without Insurance.

Wondering if any folk here from Singapore or Malaysia can guide me to right direction? And also any suggestion/thoughts from folks here on our next steps and treatment.

Thanks, any thought any suggestion will be appreciated.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne