Sciatica-like back and leg pain after scope

5 years 1 month ago #56868 by AnneTR
Replied by AnneTR on topic Sciatica-like back and leg pain after scope
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #56864 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Sciatica-like back and leg pain after scope
Unfortunately, yes. In my case it has nothing to do with bladder cancer. Bone density tests and the CT scans I get for bladder cancer have indicated for years arthritis in the lower spine. In June I was sitting on the couch, got up and that was it. The arthritis closed down on the sciatic nerve. MRI confirmed this. I can sympathize with the pain....I have NEVER had anything like it. Neurosurgery "reamed out" the offending channels and I am much better. But not OK. Waiting 6 weeks for referral to pain clinic.

BUT at least is has nothing to do with cancer. Your experience may not be the same.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #56862 by AnneTR
Good evening

My husband had a first bladder scope in April 2018 and had a tumour removed. He has subsequently received BGC treatment and has just completed the 12th treatment.

In April, after the first scope, he suddenly developed back pain, which later started radiating down his leg (similar to sciatica). It is so severe that he cannot walk far or stand for long.

We have received treatment from a chiropractor, neuro-surgeon, physio, acupuncturist and even an Ayurveda doctor, all to no avail.

What could have caused this and is there any hope for recovery? This is so bad, that it has actually taken over the bladder cancer in importance, in terms of being uppermost in his mind and seriously affecting his work and quality of life.

Is there anyone that has had a similar thing happen?

Thanks.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne