New side effects with 2nd round of BCG Treatments

5 years 4 months ago #56275 by Stevemac1027
Replied by Stevemac1027 on topic New side effects with 2nd round of BCG Treatments
Both they thought they got it but it came back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #56274 by DianaPB
Hi Stevemac,

Did you have a TURBT resection before BCG or after BCG.

Thanks,

Diana

5 years 4 months ago #56273 by Stevemac1027
Replied by Stevemac1027 on topic New side effects with 2nd round of BCG Treatments
I am a Vietnam Vet LOVELL North Chicago FHCC. Flat is CIS. I am T1 High Grade

5 years 4 months ago #56271 by DianaPB
Hi Stevemac,

Thanks for the info. you provided.

Who and where is your Dr.? Did your Dr say TURBT resection + BCG is better than BCG alone for T1 invasive CIS.

My husband's doctor informed us that TURBT resection of CIS cells is not doable because CIS is flat, like rash on the skin. Some people here also said the same as my H's doctor. So, we hope to find Drs who can do this surgery.

Thanks,

Diana

5 years 4 months ago #56221 by sara.anne
Welcome to the forum! You are certainly doing better then some of us have with the BCG if you haven’t had relatively bad side effects yet. One thing to remember is that this does indicate that your immune system is kicking up and this is what you want to happen I know it doesn’t make you feel any better physically but maybe mentally ?

Be sure that you discuss this thoroughly with your urologist. It is very common to have to reduce the dose of BCG as side effects increase. It has been shown that even as little as 1/3 the initial dose will still be effective in the later courses of treatment . Many patients are unable to complete the entire induction and maintenance courses and still receive the benefit of BCG treatment . I was down to 1/3 the initial those by the time we finished and I am now in my 11th year with no reoccurrences .

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 4 months ago #56220 by Stevemac1027
Hi,

I just joined this network. I have been on some other advocate blogs. I am in my 2nd round of six treatments for TI Hygrade CIS. I have had Bladder Cancer for a little over a year now. 5 cystos, three TURBTs with resection. I just started my second round two weeks ago. This time much more painful, groin pain and this 2 treatment of round 2 I have had muscle spasms and more pain. At night I have severe pain in my leg. Has anybody else experienced this in treatment round 2 which is my 8th BCG please advise.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne