2 year check

5 years 4 months ago #56090 by Mistersac
Replied by Mistersac on topic 2 year check
Thanks Alan! This was the urine drop before the scope. and my Uro said it showed abnormal cells, not cancer cells. I do another drop in 6 weeks, I guess it is good to stay vigilant. The good news the cystoscopy was clean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #56089 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 2 year check
Blood could be many things. Irritation from the scope. An infection. I would guess it is not BC as no cancer cells were found. Go and play golf!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 4 months ago #56075 by Mistersac
6 month cystoscopy was clean and Uro booked me up 6 more months until end of April. This was 3 weeks ago. and I received a call today from my Uros office saying that my urine culture didn't show any cancer cells, but some red blood cells. They want me to drop another urine in 6 weeks. Is this call for concern?

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #56066 by mbmccauley
Replied by mbmccauley on topic 2 year check
Diagnosed August 9, 2016. Non-invasive HG ~0.5cm. TURBT x 2. 5 weeks BCG. All clear until cysto #9 this past Monday. ~0.5cm again but this time it’s right up on my right ureter. So worried that it may be trying to get into the ureter and kidney. Waiting on bilateral pyelogram and another a TURBT. This tumor looks different. First looked like a small coral. This one looks like small fish eggs and not well rounded. Hoping that’s because it is a young cancer. I had a TURP in July and cysto performed conjuctively the with no sign of it then. Came on fast. My fingers are crossed.

8/9/16: 2cm tumor found on CT
8/10/16: cystoscopy
8/18/16: TURBT; HG Non-Invasive
9/29/16: 2nd TURBT clear
Completed first BCG regimen: 1/31/17

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #55907 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 2 year check
Yes. We can't change anything anyway. Worry? Nope. Concern, sure. One day at a time. Live for now. Go play golf and put your mind somewhere else than worry. We ALL will die from something, someday. Odds are it will NOT be bladder cancer.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cltyxx

5 years 5 months ago #55904 by Mistersac
Alan is that your way of saying that having had 4 clean checkups after BCG the likely good, because I've not had any bleeding would be for a clean check?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne