Hot Springs Arkansas T1

16 years 11 months ago #4655 by Larry_Joe
Replied by Larry_Joe on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
All: I am so appreciative of the responses!! I look forward to Sunday evening to chat as well, (I am CDT time here in Hot Springs)

Certainly thanks to you ALL for your comments. As mentioned, I realize that my "superfical" T1 is not nearly as bad as some that I have read about here, I am still frightened about my re-scan on Monday 9 April. I will report the results, and if clear you are all invited to come celebrate. Maybe even a beer? 8-)

From what I have gathered, (internet etc), we all need to stimulate the immune system. Fruits/veggies, and less red meat?

I am a lazy writer, but certainly appreciate you all giving me advice.

Rosemary: Thanks for you comment about malaise!!! Thought it was just my age!! My respects to your son being reactivated.

ALL: I printed out all the replies..and will be in touch soon. I thank you all so very much, and have tears at the moment.

Love/Respect and Sempre Fi. Larry

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #4640 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Tim,

You have an excellent point about the "rubber band" effect.

When I was sent to UNC last May to have Dr. Pruthi make an evaluation for my chances of keeping my bladder, I had no idea what would be found during biopsy.  When Dr. Pruthi's assistant woke me from anesthesia, her words to me were, "Rosemary, your bladder looks great."  Those words were like nectar from the Gods.

That was 6 weeks after my last TUR.

You all may think me strange or demented, but part of my protocol was to add some common yard weeds, such as dandelion and plaintain , to my teas.  I picked my weeds with knowledge, however. On Sundays, I would take a little bag and walk down the roadside and pull my weed/herb as I strolled.  This gave me exercise, also.

I make no wild claims about herbs curing cancer, I am not naive. But, I do believe that when we have proper knowledge of Mother nature and her proferrings, she is waiting there to help us promote our own health and well-being.

Gotta run.  Have a good day!

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #4637 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
I won't deny there's a negative effect from drinking coffee. the article doesn't seem to take into account everything else you may be doing in your life. The very act of living is a risk. when I go out the door every morning and cycle to work in the traffic I'm sucking in god knows what that my body has to deal with. I don't know anyone in my day to day life more health conscious than me. But what I found with healthy living is that there can be a "rubber band" effect for some people; you cut away everything you enjoy - good or bad - and when you crack you crack big time. For me personally, a little bit of what I fancy definitely does me good these days. Of course there are exceptions; I don't think anyone here would think, for example, that smoking is ever a smart idea. I was a lot stricter when I was undergoing BCG because it was last chance saloon for my bladder. In particular I cut out coffee, alcohol and meat. These days I'll have the odd beer or coffee -nothing silly - and I look and feel better than I have done for years. Thats the real test for me. When I read some of these reports in periodicals about what's healthy this year I'm reminded of Woody Allen waking up in the future in the film Sleeper. Someone hands him a cigarette with the line "have a cigarette. they're good for you". If you follow every scientific claim thats reported in the press you'll be up and down like a yoyo. I do read the evidence but I also try to listen to my body. If I have one coffee, for example, it's a pleasing way to wake up. Cup two makes me feel unpleasantly jangly. So I don't have it. Moderation is the most sustainable route for me personally.

And Larry, one of the best investments I made was buying a juicer. A cup of carrot juice every day will make you feel noticeable different. I was told to avoid too much fruit and mainly use it as a sweetener.

tim

17 years 10 hours ago #4631 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Hello Larry. My original pathology was also a T1. When I checked further the doc said T1a grade 2 which meant possible microscopic cancer cells in the lamina propria. I also went through BCG with no side effects. My original pathology report, however was downgraded a couple years later when I moved and saw another urologist. Regarding Coffee: Coicidentally there was an article in yesterday's Health Section of the New York Times I happen to run across regarding coffee and other things you drink and how they affect health for Tim, Greg and others who wnat coffee. www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/health/27brody.html?em&ex=1175140800&en=7e4de389bea75cf0&ei=5087%0A

17 years 10 hours ago #4630 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
I can tell you that I would have a terrible day at work without my coffee. I just enjoy it that much. I have tried to cut back and I make the effort to drink at least one cup of filtered water for every cup of coffee that I drink.

My question is, if coffee is bad for the bladder, then why are coffee enemas good for the bowels?

Will all of this ever make sense?

:-?
Your buddy,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 11 hours ago #4629 by Gman1979
Replied by Gman1979 on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
So what about caffeine? I hear it is a bladder irritant, but I cut it out completely. I do know that caffeinated green tea has more antioxident flavanoids than decaf. Man o' man, the trade offs. LOL. Thanks Tim.

I also want to welcome Larry to our community. Let us know if we can help anytime.

Greg

"I am third."
-Gayle Sayers

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne