Hot Springs Arkansas T1

16 years 11 months ago #4935 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Hi Patricia - YEAH Chocolate! Before Bladder cancer, it was ever present around my house (my husband a active duty Army healthy type guy is a chocoholic) - and until I read your posts I thought maybe it too was not good for me. So whenever I saw your posts about Chocolate, lots of Chocolate I got a chuckle. So yes, I am including it as a treat now BUT I probably will not be as lucky as you about the weight. I was a twig all my life until menopause and now BC - now could stand to loose a few. Thank you for the other info as well....might give it a try as well. I can stand to lower my cholesterol a bit too. Take care,

Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #4928 by Larry_Joe
Replied by Larry_Joe on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Sandra: Many Thanks!! And congrats to you also. My doc didn't mention maint. BCG, just a rescan on 6th of August. I seldom have red meat anymore, green drink/tea and fruit for breakfast and always lots of green veggies (brocolli, brussel sprouts etc) and plenty of salad. Like you plenty of water all day. I also keep a check on my PH level which is a good indicator that the immune system is working properly.

Keep up your routine, it seems to be working well, and best of luck on the next re-scan. Appreciate hearing more from you. Regards, larry

Hot Springs, Arkansas

16 years 11 months ago #4925 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Sandra...just a note on the chocolate.......my internist has been trying to get me to take Lipitor for about a yr now.......i'm like ll8 lbs with a liver that insists on producing fat...prior to menopause my count was so low my doc said to go home and eat a can of crisco!.....Anyway they did test me for the "fat gene" and yep i had it...my italian heritage to blame. So i read about the Greeks and how they have the lowest heart problems and cholesterol on the planet....the secret being a handful of walnuts every day....and then i read that just 2 dried prunes will remove excess bad fats from the intestine..........OK so that became my substitute for Lipitor along with one piece of dark chocolate a day.....and my ever present whole milk mocha (no whip) from Starbucks. Just got my test back and TADA....my cholesterol is low...hooray...it worked and i haven't gained a pound............Pat

16 years 11 months ago #4922 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Hi Larry Joe: We seem to be on the same BC schedule routine...except I get three weeks of maintenance BCG starting next thursday and get rechecked in July. But we both shared great days this past week with the "clean slate bladder" .... I don't know about you but my health regime is drink water and lots of it, start the day with 8oz cranberry juice and then for lunch everyday I have an enormous platter of fresh veggies and fruit (and one cup of morning Coffee). But am considering breaking up the routine a bit now and including CHOCOLATE, Patricia's food of choice! LOL. So I pretty much believe it is whatever makes us feel good ....

Anyway congratulations Larry Joe and here's back to life .....Take Care, Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

16 years 11 months ago #4910 by Larry_Joe
Replied by Larry_Joe on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
Thanks Rosemary!! I certainly don't consider myself out-of-the-woods yet concerning recurrence, but the mental relief is an awesome feeling. You & all my other friends here were a great comfort in encouraging me to me positive. Dr & I are both convinced that diet & stopping smoking are the main reasons for the non-recurrence. I am free until August 6th...just a baby step that I will continue for life. My Thanks again to all for advice and encouragement & I hope to be of help to others here and in the Webcafe every Sunday. You are ALL on my mind daily as I wear my bracelet. larry joe in Hot Springs.

Hot Springs, Arkansas

16 years 11 months ago #4824 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hot Springs Arkansas T1
:)Great news, Larry Joe!! I'm so happy for you!

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne