remove papillary tumor from bladder left lateral wall with medicine Gencitabine

5 years 8 months ago #55576 by sara.anne
That is a question for your urologist, but the odds are that you probably won't have a catheter after your TURB

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #55575 by Abby678
Removing a 1 cm papillary tumor through a cystoscopy will I most likely be going home with a catheter?

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #55574 by Alan
I had the papillary type also which is good. The flat type which is like a rash is called CIS and is always high grade. Papillary can be either and mine ended up high grade. You simply won't know much until the pathology is back but, yours is a smaller size so that is good. Glad you had the CT scan so you will have a plan for attack when that is done. Hopefully, in 6-12 months this will be only a bump in the road.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 8 months ago #55573 by Abby678
yes, I had a CT with contract, 6/20/118 and My PSA was .03

results from CT : 1. precontrast images do not demonstrate any urinary tract calculi.
2. Liver, spleen, pancreas, adrenals, and kidney do not demostrate
any masses. There are 3 small cysts in the left kidney which
measure in the 1 cm size range and do not require follow-up.

I dont know if this means anything, when the URO doing the cystoscopy
he explained that I have cancer cell looks like fingers or coliflower.
URO told me , thats better than the a smooth or flat cancel cell.

thanks

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #55567 by Alan
Abby,

Welcome. It appears you are getting done what should be done. On the cystoscopy I presume your URO is doing this as a day surgery and light anesthesia? The common name is TURB or transurethral resection of the bladder. A biopsy will be done on the tumor and any other suspicious areas can be examined and treated plus biopsied if necessary. You won't really know what you are dealing with until the path report is in which can take 7-14 days. One last thought, have you had a CT scan? That way any other urinary tract involvement even if a remote possibility is usually done. Keeping posting as you have questions. Someone will have been and done that! Remember, this is treatable and beatable, one day at a time.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 8 months ago #55566 by Abby678
I don't know if I'm doing the right procedure,

This Friday Im having a cystoscopy to remove a tumor from my bladder.

I had a cystoscopy two weeks ago and my urologist found a 1 cm papillary

mass on left lateral wall, no trabeculation, no diverticula. No bladder stones

Ureteral orifices: orthotopic location, no bloody efflux

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne