Bcg and cancer cells in urine

5 years 10 months ago #55304 by Oweerak1200
Replied by Oweerak1200 on topic Bcg and cancer cells in urine
Thank you for the reply I am scared as the bladder scope a few days ago they didn’t see anything thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #55303 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bcg and cancer cells in urine
Welcome to the Forum ! Sorry to hear about the “bump in the road,” but it probably isn’t the disaster that you have imagined.

First, a word of caution about urine cytology. It is very helpful as a diagnostic test, BUT ONLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER TESTS. Unfortunately, urine cytology tests tend to give too many false positives to be used without other methods of diagnosis. That is why your dad’s urologist is doing all the other tests.

The other symptoms you mentioned are likely to be side effects of the BCG treatments.

If the urine cytology results prove to be accurate, the likely reaon would be that the CIS is still present, not that the cancer has metastasized. If this is the case, the urologist has other tools in his tool box to try to deal with it.

Wishing you and your dad all the best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 10 months ago #55302 by Oweerak1200
Bcg and cancer cells in urine was created by Oweerak1200
Hi
My dad has bladder cancer. Last summer he was diagnosed with cis and has been doing bcg treatments. All scans have been clear but his last scan was good but the urine test shows cancer cells so now he needs a cat scan on Monday. He also got pain like reactive arthritis and was given anti inflammatory by his primary dr but his cancer dr has said to not take them anymore I am very scared that this has spread to other organs

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne