Sun tanning with T1 cancer?

5 years 10 months ago #55224 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Sun tanning with T1 cancer?
Some antibiotics (ciproflaxin/cipro) for one is a no no with a lot of sun. Ironically, like Sara Anne, I have just had a 2nd path and digging of a 1st melanoma for me and just was cleared as OK, today. That is another cancer not to fool around with and the extra exposure to sun.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #55223 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Sun tanning with T1 cancer?
I don’t think that there is anything special about sun and bladder cancer unless he is taking some kind of medication where that would be a problem and, if so, his doctor would have mentioned it.

However, suntanning is not a good idea anyway. In the past two years I have had to have two skin cancers removed. One a malignant melanoma and one a squamous cell carcinoma that had to be removed by a plastic surgeon. Both were scary and not fun.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 10 months ago #55222 by richard_lv
Sun tanning with T1 cancer? was created by richard_lv
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can suntan with T1 bladder cancer? My dad recently was diagnosed with T1 and had two TURBTs, so it was removed but he likes to suntan and enjoys hot weather. Is it allowed?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne