Grade 1 bladder neck cancer

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #55114 by richard_lv
Replied by richard_lv on topic Grade 1 bladder neck cancer
Hello all,

I re-read 1st pathology report from 1st TURBT one more time and just realized that there is also a "lymphoma" cancer present on the bladder neck.

I am shocked I missed it. I didn't understand what that term meant and I just looked it up and it's a type of cancer.

There were 3 different cancers total (all removed in first TURBT):

1) A T1G2 on the left bladder wall (carcinoma) - a multi-focal 3cm + 2cm one
2) G1 (staging unknown but it says 1mm deep) on the bladder neck (carcinoma)
3) Lymphoma cancer on the bladder neck

I thought I'd include this information in this thread.

I'll let you know more info soon about the second TURBT. Thanks for reading this. I can't stop posting. I am so worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #55098 by richard_lv
Replied by richard_lv on topic Grade 1 bladder neck cancer
Hello,

Good news. Dad just had second TURBT. Doctor said it looked "very clean". This is really great!

I'll send another update in a week or two when there is more info.

5 years 11 months ago #55063 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Grade 1 bladder neck cancer
Richard,

Welcome. While all tumors are potentially dangerous it is good that the grade was 1 on that tumor. As none of us are doctors having it in the neck can complicate things. My doctor did say 10 years ago that the medical community was/is moving to grade as either high or low. As far as he was concerned grade 2 was high just to be safe when deciding how to treat it. The 2nd TURB was probably scheduled to make sure of grade and proper staging. Let's see what the 2nd and pathology say. The good news is our bladder cancer is treatable and beatable!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 11 months ago #55055 by richard_lv
Grade 1 bladder neck cancer was created by richard_lv
Hello,

My name is Richard. My dad was diagnosed with a bladder cancer in February and immediately underwent first TRUBT.

The pathology report came back with two tumors:

1) T1G2 on the left wall
2) Grade 1 (doesn't say T stage) on bladder neck

Tomorrow dad has a repeated TURBT. It will be 7 weeks and 1 day after first one.

Does anyone know if Grade 1 tumor on bladder neck is dangerous?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne