Waiting for results

6 years 2 months ago #54617 by BSGCLG
Replied by BSGCLG on topic Waiting for results
Thank you for your info and your support. How strange that I am strengthened by the words of strangers and their personal knowledge more than all the “book learning” I’ve tried to absorb thru research. Thanks I hope some day to know enough to pay this forward. I am grateful for the good news and trying to put all the what if’s out of my head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joanne2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #54616 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Waiting for results
Irritation on the bladder lining as a result of BCG is very common....and visually it can look like CIS. I had a TURB because my uro wanted to be sure, even though he thought it was from the BCG.

Urine cytology is useful along with other tests, but is not totally reliable on its own. Interestingly, it tends to give more false positives than erroneous negative results.

Your husband is lucky to have you in his corner!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

6 years 2 months ago #54615 by BSGCLG
Replied by BSGCLG on topic Waiting for results
Got him to call dr today talked to assistant test showed no cancer. Finally convinced him to call back and ask then what was red irritated area they believed could be CIS. Told him irritation from BCG and would do another cystoscopy in three months. Have so many questions but I’m only the spouse so must accept what my husband feels is sufficient answers. Frustrated but know knowledge or lack of it is his choice. I will continue to read research papers thru much of the night, keep my thoughts to myself, and swallow frustration and tears knowing his decision on what he wants to know is his choice not mine.
Jack, thanks for your excellent info and good suggestions.

6 years 2 months ago #54614 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Waiting for results
BSG,

Urine testing - Cytologig Diagnosis - has taken from 3 to 7 days, from sample to report, for me.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #54612 by BSGCLG
Waiting for results was created by BSGCLG
My husband had a bladder tumor removed and had 6 BCG treatments . Then another cyscoptomy and another possible tumor. Checked with surgery was scar tissue. Three more BCG then scope. This time doctor said this could now be carcinoma in situ so took urine during scope. We have waited two weeks for results from this test. Should this urine test take so long to complete analysis. We love and respect his urologist but he is very difficult to contact. Suggestions?
I want to support my husband any way I can but don't want to push him. Just very worried about time we may be losing in fighting this cancer.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne