CIS TUR next Thurs. Possible complications

6 years 6 months ago #54092 by moorpheus
Replied by moorpheus on topic CIS TUR next Thurs. Possible complications
Thanks Alan,
Yes, it is a reorienting event.
I had the Chest CT and learned that the 12mm nodule is at the bottom of the lungs, but who knows what is in the upper part.
Anyway, I haven't a clue how this will affect surgery next week and will await call from urologist.
Meanwhile, for some reason, I'm feeling relieved and lighter. More myself.
Thanks for your words. Tell me more (when you want), about the aftereffects of TUR and if you did BCG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #54091 by Alan
Moorpheus,

You ask the big life questions and all I can respond to as what I have faced. Certainly it appears your situation is more serious but, if just bladder cancer tihs is treatable and beatable. First, none of us are going to make it another 100 years. I have learned it is one day at a time! That is all we can control and not even all of that! Second, you still don't know what the CT scan and x-ray will show so, again one day at a time. Hopefully it will show nothing! Like all of us the cancer diagnosis hit me like a ton of bricks but, that lasted maybe a day as I said I am going forward with what I can control. Many take more time and some never get to that point but, it is all OK. We are all different. I even had to re-face these life issues 4 months ago with a triple bypass, of which I am totally recovered from. Lastly, I have made peace with my MAKER and try to accept all of this!

Here's trusting you will come out of this OK stronger and more effective!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

6 years 6 months ago #54090 by moorpheus
Diagnosed last Wednesday, 9.20 with CIS 2 days after gross hematuria. Never had a UTI or problems. 74 years old, 121 lbs pretty fit. Scheduled for whatever surgery necessary for the "flat" non-invasive tumor on 10/5 It's to be followed by BCG in the future. Still teach 4 nites and 2 afternoons and "plan" to resume full schedule afterwards. But . . . realistic

Had Pre-Op tests yesterday. Doc left message that he's concerned about Chest X-Ray and I'm going in today for a follow-up CT Chest scan in an hour. This raises big flags for me!

I smoked most of my life but not for the past 20 years.

My older brother, a non smoker, died from liver, lung, bone, brain, bladder cancer a few years ago. I thought it was probably caused by metastasized prostate cancer that his doc allowed to grow "out-of-the-capsule" but now wonder if it could be genetic.

Don't know what my urologist will do vis a vis surgery, considering this new wrinkle. Would double surgery be in store? Sigh. Guess that would be the end of my teaching!!

Today, I'm fine, healthy, energetic, and cheerful (at least when in public) and shocked at realizing my sudden mortality.

Any input will be appreciated

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne