BCG Treatments

6 years 6 months ago #54069 by Jay
Replied by Jay on topic BCG Treatments
I asked the same question about 3 years ago and sara.anne gave me the same response and she knows what she's talking about. My 2nd in the series of 6 was delayed just over a month, and like I said, that was around 3 years ago. I've been check out clear several times and get my 3rd BCG in maintenance later this week. Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #54042 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG Treatments
You should be fine . Often they have to postpone a BCG treatment because the patient has a UTI or another problem that they need to wait to heal. Several times I had treatments delayed for a couple of weeks. Of course you will want to continue as soon as possible.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: sdover

6 years 6 months ago #54041 by sdover
BCG Treatments was created by sdover
I am taking my second round of BCG for non-invasive ureter/bladder cancer in one year. Today was to by my 6th and last BCG treatment of this round. At the 4th treatment the MA spilled one of my vials of BCG and used another one. Today when I went in they told me they had no BCG to give me and that it was on back order without any information when it would be available again. Besides it being their fault that one was wasted, they had nothing to give me for this last treatment of six. Does anyone know if it is bad not to get all 6 treatments?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne