Can the cis give remote metastases?

6 years 7 months ago #53941 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Can the cis give remote metastases?
I don't know about the feasibility of a nodule biopsy as that only the real way I know of to test. Beyond that I know nothing because location, difficulty to reach it, the invasiveness etc would be all the doctors call. Have any other tests been done in the past 18 months? Lots of those as your doctor said are simply cysts or other meaningless spots.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #53940 by Stefano
Replied by Stefano on topic Can the cis give remote metastases?
Yes, my dad has done 12 doses of bcg and is free of cancer for 18 months. What worries me is the lung nodule found 18 months ago because now it would become very big.

6 years 7 months ago #53936 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Can the cis give remote metastases?
Stefano,

Welcome, we are sorry that you have a reason (bladder cancer) to be here but, glad you found us. First, did you have any follow up treatment such as BCG or other agent? That is very important on the type you describe to fight it. As far as your doctor's comment on scar tissue in the lung. I would presume they are correct as they are supposed to be "experts". At the same time if you are allowed a second opinion, for peace of mind I'd get one.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

6 years 7 months ago #53935 by Stefano
Can the cis give remote metastases? was created by Stefano
Hello to everyone, sorry for my english.
18 months ago, they found a "plaque" of 2 cm in the bladder.
Histologic was "hyperplasia, dysplasia, and close cis outbreaks".
Always 18 months ago they did a tc and found a nodule to the lung. The doctors said the nodule was a scar from past infection. My dad has always been free from bladder cancer. Now I would ask if that nodule could be a CIS tumor metastasis.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne