BCG Treatment

6 years 6 months ago #53967 by Flatscatter
Replied by Flatscatter on topic BCG Treatment
I just finished my first 6 BCG installations Aug 25th in Houston. Got out of town a couple days ahead of Harvey the Horrible

My doc is at Houston Metro

He has me scheduled for another exploratory TURBT at the end of October, ahead of a round of three BCG scheduled for Dec/Jan. Then rinse and repeat every 3-4 mos for 30 mos as long as everything goes well.

Reading these pages over the past few months, seems like there is some amount of difference in dates and protocol from Doctor/facility to the next

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #53900 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic BCG Treatment
Petman,

The timing of Dr. Lamm's recommended schedule raises frequent questions and debate by many - including by my first urologist.

The day of the very FIRST BCG treatment is day 0 (zero). Ninety days later, it is the three month point.

Lamm makes the point that a precise rigid schedule is not absolutely critical, but is the schedule used over years of his research. Researcher O'Donnell makes the point that no one actually knows the absolute best schedule, although none so far have matched Lamm's results.

Looks like you are on schedule at 3 months.

See Dr Lamm's schedule explained at:

blcwebcafe.org/drlammsprotocol.asp

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: petman

6 years 7 months ago #53899 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG Treatment
There are multiple protocols for BCG treatments . If this is the one that your urologist has found to be effective I would trust him

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: petman

6 years 7 months ago #53898 by petman
BCG Treatment was created by petman
After removal of a tumor and 6 BCG treatments my non invasive bladder cancer went into remission.
My doctor said I could go to a 3 treatment BCG treatment beginning the following week and then I thought he said schedule a cystoscopy 2 months after the last treatment, which I did.
I had the cystoscopy last week, which was good and the doctor said begin the next 3 this week and the cystoscopy 6 weeks from the last treatment.
Both the 1st and the 2nd 3 treatments are less than 3 months between the last treatment of one and the first treatment of the other.
I questioned the doctor and he said do what you did before.
Everything I have read, which is not that much states there should be 3 months between treatments. Is there a downside having 2 months between treatments or maybe I don't know how the 3 months are measured?
As far as I am concerned, if there is no downside and 2 months work why change.
I would appreciate your input.
Petman

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne