Three Month Cystoscopy

6 years 5 months ago #54349 by cltyxx
Replied by cltyxx on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
Congratulations! Great relief to know it is c-free!

Cltyxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #54346 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
Congratulations on your good cysto!!!

There are pros and cons to having cystos so often. When I went from 3 to 6 months between I was really nervous, but that was nothing compared to when I went to annual checkups. Sort of an initial panic that they wouldn't find it soon enough if it came back! Your doc is taking a really careful approach....I like that.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

6 years 5 months ago #54345 by Sean T
Replied by Sean T on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
I just had my three month cysto on Monday, Nov 13th, and I'm all clear! So I can relax for another three months.

My plan of action according to the doc is cysto every three months between now and August, 2018, with two rounds of BCG, one in Feb and one in Aug, 3 treatments each time. Then, because of the size of my tumor, my doc said I might need a cysto every three months for the rest of my life, maybe every six months if I'm lucky. I'm not happy with that part but I do like knowing I'm C-free!

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

6 years 5 months ago #54337 by cltyxx
Alan,

I am also fascinated to see what the inside of Bladder looks like when my doctor conducted the cystoscopy. Have scheduled a biopsy in two weeks and hope to get things cleared out.

Thanks!

Cltyxx

6 years 5 months ago #54331 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
Could be one of many things including scar tissue. Could be a spot where the BCG irritated. Could be a blood vessel. Yes, it could be a growth. Chances are it is nothing. I understand the concern. We all have that even us old timers at 9-10 years out. You simply won't know anything until the biopsy however, it is always one day at a time!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cltyxx

6 years 5 months ago #54329 by cltyxx
Just went for my 1st cysto after my 6 BCG which finished in Aug. He showed me what he was looking from the monitor. Everything looks smooth but only one small spot that my doctor is not sure. He said it might be a scar tissue from TURBT. And will schedule a biopsy soon.

I have been feeling great after my TURBTs and BCGs. The urine sample is clear, all normal.
Not sure what is ahead, anyone has similar experience/advice?

Thanks!

Cltyxx
Diagnosed on 03/23/2017
TURBT#1 04/06/2017, Pathology report not conclusive
TURBT#2 05/26/2017, HG T1, No cancer found
BCG 6 treatments finished on 08/11/2017

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne