Three Month Cystoscopy

6 years 10 months ago #53421 by Mistersac
Replied by Mistersac on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
Thank you Sara Anne for the response. I did ask my URO about maintenance treatments, and he said given my biopsy results he didn't think they were necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #53420 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Three Month Cystoscopy
The odds are that your cystoscopy will be clear, but the reason for having one every three months is that this
cancer has the nasty habit of returning and you, and your urologist, want to be sure. If he follows the usual protocol, you will be having cystoscopies every three months until two years have passed, then every six months for five years, and annually forever. It is important to keep these appointments!!

Did your urologist discuss the possibility of maintenance BCG treatments? These have been shown to significantly improve the "cure rate" for high grade bladder cancer, such as CIS.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

6 years 10 months ago #53419 by Mistersac
Three Month Cystoscopy was created by Mistersac
My 3 month cystoscopy is scheduled for July 5th. My initial diagnosis was non invasive CIS, and I went through 6 BCG treatments, had a biopsy where my URO took 6 biopsies, and his verdict was no cancer. Is the fact that he took 6 biopsies and they were clean a good sign that this cystoscopy will be clear? If it were to show something would the verdict be 6 more BCG treatments?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne