Newly diagnosed with questions

7 years 1 month ago #52956 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Newly diagnosed with questions
Terri, your post got listed in two places, so I answered you under the first one...."Newly Diagnosed, New to the Forum"

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #52955 by Terri324
Newly diagnosed with questions was created by Terri324
Seen my GP about blood in my urine (have always had issues with my colon & stomach), but the blood in my urine was something really new (hyst. 17 years ago, so not the cause of the blood), which set me to be scared....that was on 1-9-2017....On 1-17-2017 First appointment with Urologist, he scheduled doing cystoscope on 2-27-2017 which showed a tumor (to me it looked like a mushroom moving back & forth in liquid), which he scheduled surgery on 2-1-2017....wow my life was beginning to change even more.....On 2-27-2017 was the results are Non-invasive low grade papillary urothelial carcinoma (The Urologist said this kind of cancer grows like weeds--so for this first year he will check every 3 months --(If there are 2-3 times of it regrowing then he will try the chemo in the bladder)....The Urologist will see me on 4-18-2017 for the test on how my bladder is working (like how the muscles are working & such)....And then 5-24-2017 another cystocope (to see if it has regrown)....Just really hate the thought that every 3 months I've got to worry, stress & especially worry even more that it has regrown (yes I worry over everything), and yes I've been told not to think of it & don't stress for nothing (which is easy for someone to say - especially when they don't have to deal with it)...Have other medical issues & this just adds to the meltdown of my life.....My other thought is why have to go through this every 3 months - just remove my bladder so the cancer is gone & it has no chance of getting any where else??? Am I wrong for felling this way & where do I go from here...what have I got to look forward to???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne