Inverted punlmp recurrence

7 years 8 months ago #51569 by Franky
Replied by Franky on topic Inverted punlmp recurrence
Hi Dean,

My mom receives mitomycin whenever she has a turbt done.

Kathleen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51559 by jeffrx
Replied by jeffrx on topic Inverted punlmp recurrence
Welcome to the site. It will be important to have the histology evaluated to see exactly what these new growths are. PUNLMP, as I understand it, are abnormal cellular growths, but not cancer per se. I really wish you the best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

12/2015 - TURBT, non-invasive T1, mixed grade, 3 tumors
1/2016 - Begin BCG weekly for 6 weeks

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #51364 by Dean285
Inverted punlmp recurrence was created by Dean285
Hi

I was diagnosed with 2 small inverted punlmp's in February 2015 - had a TURBT to remove them and my 3 month cysto came back clear. Based on the type of tumour - apparently inverted punlmps have a low recurrence rate I was put on a yearly cysto check. My first yearly cysto came back with 5 small lesions - they appear to be non invasive - I'm scheduled for another turbt in 2 weeks - pathology after the turbt will determine the type but hopefully it hasn't progressed.

I know inverted punlmps are very rare but anyone out there have a recurrence of them? I'm kind of freaking out that 5 lesions have re-appeared especially when this particular type of tumour wasn't expected to recur.

I also wanted ask whether a mitomycin instillation as part of the turbt is standard practice for non invasive tumours - some posts seem to suggest that but many others don't mention it.

Thanks
Dean

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne