Bcg treatment side effects

8 years 2 weeks ago #50804 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Bcg treatment side effects
During my BCG treatments my uro saw a lot of irritation during a cysto. Since I had CIS this was a bit of a worry. Biopsy showed it was cystitis irritation from the BCG. All was well!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #50802 by Edward
Replied by Edward on topic Bcg treatment side effects
Thank you for your reply,I will definitely ask my urologist too. Just a little scary seeing this stuff.

8 years 2 weeks ago #50801 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Bcg treatment side effects
Sometimes following bcg you will see varying amounts of debris in the urine as the immune system recognises that there is something which needs destroying ( the bcg, or cancer cells) and starts to do what the medics intend .Sometimes the debris is bloody, sometimes not, and often the reaction becomes more intense the more treatments you receive. I would let your urologist know what effects are appearing, but I am sure he will tell you pretty much the same.
Diane

8 years 2 weeks ago #50799 by Edward
Bcg treatment side effects was created by Edward
Hi I'm a 61 yr old male with non invasive bladder cancer.I've had the 6 weekly bcg treatments no I'm doing 1 a month for 6 months. Last two cysto's all clear except last one showed a red spot on top of bladder. A biopsy was done was not cancer. Doc said from treatment. I just had my 5th of 6 monthly bcg and noticed some mucus looking stuff on voiding I've seen this before but would like to know if anyone else had this happen.any support would be welcome.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne