CIS bladder

8 years 1 month ago #50773 by Stefano
Replied by Stefano on topic CIS bladder
Thanks anna for you replies! I like to turn on the internet and I'm getting loads of information for CIS! I saw a search by some years ago where survival was 79% at specific CIS 10 years without BCG! you have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #50772 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic CIS bladder
That is good progress, Stephano! No, that isn't too long to wait. It is very important that the bladder has time to heal before BCG treatments. There is a lot of information about BCG on this website.....
Look under the "Non-invasive Bladder Cancer" category in this Forum.

No, BCG does not work for everyone. But it does work for a very high percentage of patients. We are so lucky to have it. If it does not work, there are other treatments available.

A good diet is never a bad idea, but I have not seen any scientific evidence that vegeterianism has any effect on bladder cancer. The fact is that whatever caused the bladder lining to become somewhat unstable and susceptible to become cancerous probably started many many years ago. We do not know what causes bladder cancer in most cases. Smoking is one factor that is known to be involved. But for most of us, we have no idea.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

8 years 1 month ago #50771 by Stefano
Hi to everybody, hi Sarah and Mike, my dad will begin bcg in 3 weeks, to almost 2 turb months. Is it a late perhaps? I would want to know if this therapy works for everybody and if you have given you some collateral strengths. And then, can a vegetarian diet reduce the recidivists? Thanks

8 years 1 month ago #50770 by raider
Replied by raider on topic CIS bladder
Stefano,

Sorry to hear about your DAD but be incouraged that the treatment for CIS is good. I am 1 1/2 years in remission from CIS and did 9 BCG treatments before my bladder would not take it anymore, I also did 3 treatments with just interferon. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have.

Best wishes,
Mike

8 years 1 month ago #50765 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic CIS bladder
That is good news, Stephano!!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

8 years 1 month ago #50764 by Stefano
Hi sara, thanks for your reply, even to my father was ordered to do therapy with bcg for 6 weeks and then do a check, whatever works for him speo!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne