turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #50657 by Ann Marie
Replied by Ann Marie on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now
Hello,

Sorry to hear about all you are going through.

I had a TURBT on January 20. I felt fine and then two weeks later I started to get the bladder pressure/pain and constantly feeling the urge to urinate, plus blood in my urine. It feels like the way Interstitial Cystitis feels. My urologist told me that it can take time to heal, possibly even a few months!

He prescribed for me Rapaflo, which I only took for two days because it was making me nauseous and light headed. The blood has since gone away, but the pain is still there. I'm going crazy reading about what to take to heal this. I'm now trying Marshmallow Root and Corn Silk, which has great reviews for urinary issues and pain. Has anyone else tried this?

I understand what you're going through. Hope you feel better soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #50548 by sammyy
Replied by sammyy on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now
Oh ya.... I have no idea where the emoticon came from in the main topic line or how to get rid of it....

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #50547 by sammyy

Wow! I am certainly feeling a bit better about things knowing I'm not alone (though I don't wish this on anyone).

Urologist found a quarter size spot on the inside of the bladder that she said looked like 'road rash'.... very raw and rough. A lot of thin veins, some visible spots of bleeding and clotting.

She cauterized three to four spots while she was in there and now it's wait and see a few more weeks.

So far so good though, I've only had blood three times since, much better than before... but it's back to pain full urination again.... I guess that's good though.

Appreciate all the responses, and being able to talk about this out here!

2/3/16 update:

My urologist called the other day to check in (he was on vaca and he was not the person who I saw the other day.)

He said that the spot on my bladder (the one described as a quarter sized spot of road rash) was not in the same location as were the tumor was removed from, and that he has no idea what is causing all this irritation and this 'new' spot.

that has me a tad alarmed, but its still the 'wait and see' approach until my next scheduled cysto. in a month.

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

8 years 1 month ago #50533 by Wichobel
Replied by Wichobel on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now
Hello i had my turb in january 21 2015 I had pain until march with some blood, so i started the BCG in april . I told my urologyst and he said it was normal . You have to ask your doctor, continue posting

Diagnosed 01/13/2015. T1G3
1rst turb
2nd turb 02 /2015
6 BCG
Now 15 BCG. NED. Waiting
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammyy

8 years 2 months ago #50525 by sammyy

two months! wow....

I guess I wasn't expecting this so far out from the procedure, but interesting to read the time frame others have had with this.

thanks for sharing, it helps to settle the mind a tad reading what others have gone thru in the sense that it maybe wasn't unexpected, but it isn't unheard of.

seems like there are a lot of different after effects to the Turb procedure for people :(

40 year old male.
T1 Low Grade
Turbt done on 12-4-15

8 years 2 months ago #50520 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic turbt 5 weeks ago... painful urination now
Hi Sammy Had my turb done nov 3 and had a lot of pain for two months. No blood. Usually after my other turbs there was a little pain for about a week.
The Dr. said he did more work this time so that was probably why the pain was more this time. It is a good thing you are getting checked out maybe you will get your answers. Goodluck Rocky
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammyy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne