It's back

8 years 3 months ago #50448 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic It's back
So sorry to hear of the recurrence(s), but hope all will be well after treatment. I feel as though you and I are in the same "generation" in terms of when we were first diagnosed, so it makes me realize yet again that bc is something to remain vigilant about. Wishing you well!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #50443 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic It's back
Rocky,

Sorry to hear about the new challenge but, be thankful you have been diligent in your checkups. A lesson for all of us. I hope this time when you beat this back you will not hear of it again.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

8 years 3 months ago #50439 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic It's back
Sad for you Rock!
But You still have not heard the final straw and you keep going for checkups and they catch things early.
So best of luck and keep us informed

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

8 years 3 months ago #50437 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic It's back
Rocky,
Sorry to hear you've got another surgery coming up. Best wishes with it. Loved your story about the skiing!! Keep that attitude.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

8 years 3 months ago #50436 by Rockyiss
It's back was created by Rockyiss
Hi guys , Had my three month cysto last tues and surprise it's back. Last time in Nov the dr.took out several spots they all came back low grade non invasive. Since one of the places was a ten cm spot he didn't put in the mitomynicin. This time he will make sure he does. I had a lot of pain that time after and the mito would have made it a lot worse. Hopefully this time the biopsies will just show a neoplasam and it will only be the one spot.

I am very grateful I live in a time when there is much they can do to help bladder cancer people. Imagine having this 30 years ago ! Can this be discouraging, yes very much so. Who wants to have surgery and treatment not me. But thank God they have something they can do about it. I just hope the surgery doesn't knock me down as hard as it did the last time .

In 2006 they took out several tumors, (it was when they first found out I had bc ) Two days later I went skiing . No one told me I shouldn't. I don't do that now cause I have gotten a little smarter ! lol . God bless' Rocky

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne