Blood in urine again, 14 months after surgery

8 years 8 months ago #49099 by Alan
Sara Anne is being nice. Make that appt now! Cystoscopes? I have had 15-18 of those. They are no fun but, pain wise just uncomfortable for a few minutes. The peace of hearing all clear is wonderful. On the first where I was diagnosed- I said lets attack- as our friend George would say.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #49095 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Blood in urine again, 14 months after surgery
Of course, all things are possible. BUT you need to get to your urologist
ASAP just in case it might be something major. Cystoscopy isn't the most fun thing in the world, but there are other things that are far worse.

Go, make that appointment!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

8 years 8 months ago #49094 by Lorentz1
Hi all, I'm a large old man, over 70. I had two small tumors removed from my bladder before they removed my left kidney with the mother (or perhaps, father) tumor in May 2014. This was the result of having blood in my urine which of course tipped me off that something was wrong. I didn't receive chemo or radiation and my recovery was excellent. My doctor informed me that I had polyps in my right kidney but that they were not cancerous. Four days ago during a night excursion to the lav, I started having blood in my urine again big time. It happened every time I went from that time on. I saw my GP and then had ultrasounds done on my bladder, right kidney and the area of my missing left kidney. Blood work and urinalysis turned up no sign of a new tumor. Last night on another excursion, at the end of my urination a large, dark clot plopped out. Since then I have had no more blood in my urine. I know I should probably be asking this of my surgeon, but people who know things, such as this forum, are more than likely just as reliable a source as any M.D. (Also would like to skip the cystoscopy if possible...) Is this a possible clot that formed after my surgery and has been sitting there for more than 14 months? Has anyone else experienced or heard of such a thing, or am I in denial and Mr. Cancer has knocked once again on my door?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne