Been a Long Time

9 years 1 day ago #48579 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Been a Long Time
Good to hear from you, Joe. Sounds like you have been through a lot lately. Glad you are nearing the end of the BCG treatment on the kidneys. Best wishes going forward.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 day ago #48567 by globalguy
Replied by globalguy on topic Been a Long Time
Thank you Alan and Dave for the kind and encouraging words. Two weeks from tomorrow and all treatment will be complete and hopefully a few weeks thereafter, another all clear!!

God Bless,

JoeP

Joe P

Diagnosed: 01/2012 - TCC CIS
All Clear: 06/2012
Diagnosed (Again): 02/04/2013 - TCC CIS
All Clear (Again): 05/03/2013
Diagnosed Yet Again 10/15/2014 - RCC
Working It
Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA.

9 years 3 days ago #48562 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Been a Long Time
JoeP,

Your post is very much on topic. I am sorry to read about this. It is a lesson for all to still be vigilant as the kidney in all probability is from your bladder cancer. Let's beat this one also!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalguy

9 years 3 days ago #48559 by davedic
Replied by davedic on topic Been a Long Time
Hello
My name is Dave and I had a similar issue. I had gone through BCG treatments for three series and one maintenance set and still failed cytology. Anyway, the Dr. Installed a stint and treated me with mytomycin C (sorry. For spelling). He instilled the solution in my bladder and I laid on my side for two hours following the installation. I continued with this for six weeks similar to the BCG treatment and was lucky enough to come clean following the treatment. I had continued to have bilateral retrograde pyelograms (sp) and had laser fulgurites to address issues discovered. I went through this for several years and came back for the first time clean last spring (next operation this may 1). I wish you the very best and hope this is you last set
Take care
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalguy

9 years 3 days ago #48557 by globalguy
Been a Long Time was created by globalguy
I've been offline for quite some time. Very long story, but I'll make it succinct.

As some of you may remember, I was cleared of TCC CIS last August, but there was suspicion of t still being present. After much testing it was determined that I had Renal Cell Carcinoma, both kidneys. Thus me being off this support group. While waiting for treatment to being, I had non elective surgery for a life threatening infection in my left knee (total knee in place for fifteen years). This deferred my treatment until the end of January.

So,, BCG every week, directly into alternating kidneys for twelve weeks. I'm now down to three, with the tenth taking place Friday. As I progress through the treatments, the side effects are much worse than when I was treat for Bladder Cancer. SO with my last coming up on 10-April, I'm looking forward to having my life back after begin cleared in May.

I know this is very much off topic here, but you have all helped me so much in the past. Thanks for reading while I purge my story.

God Bless.

Joe P

Diagnosed: 01/2012 - TCC CIS
All Clear: 06/2012
Diagnosed (Again): 02/04/2013 - TCC CIS
All Clear (Again): 05/03/2013
Diagnosed Yet Again 10/15/2014 - RCC
Working It
Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne