Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??

9 years 2 months ago #48008 by Martin47
Replied by Martin47 on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Hallo Ann,
I am new on this Forum; how do I a search on 'Immucothel'
Martin 47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #48007 by Martin47
Replied by Martin47 on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Immucothel vs. BCG: Thank you AnneH, I spoke to 'my' Urologist this morning, because I am supposed to have Nr. 2 instillation on Wed 14th Jan 2015, but because of the enormous pain I am suffering whilst this BCG catheter is being inserted, I asked the Doctor this morning on the phone if he is familiar with Immucothel as an alternative treatment, but he said 'NO'. I am surprised, what do I tell him next? I read somewhere in this forum that Immucothel is not authorized in the USA by the FDA, but is legal and applied in Europe. Should I travel to Europe? Could get expensive to fly, stay 6-7 weeks in a place, and I don't know if my insurances Tricare for Life and Medicare will 'cover' treatment in let's say Germany or Switzerland. I think I read in this Forum that Immucothel has a 75% success rate vs. 50/50 success rate with BCG.
Anny comments are welcome.
Martin 47

9 years 2 months ago #48004 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Hi Martin47,

If you search this forum, there was several discussions on Immucothel from 2008. Not sure why this is not recommended, after reading some of the posts you might find the answer.

Anne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin47

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #48001 by Martin47
Why is it that my first application of BCG was so painful, like torture, I yelled and screamed out of pain I never experienced in my life before? I am considering discontinuing the treatment because of its inhuman painfulness. Is Immucothel authorized by the FDA in the USA? Why did my Urologist NOT suggest it as an alternative? Martin47 is asking.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne