Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??

8 years 2 months ago #50509 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
When I got my BCG they used a LIODOCAINE lubricant.

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #48761 by Nomad06
Replied by Nomad06 on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Hello Martin,
I'm so sorry to hear of your extreme pain. It will be 3 years to the day since my diagnosis next Monday Since 2012, I've been catheterized over 2 dozen times (not counting surgeries)...Some places use local anesthetics, others don't and a LOT of how it goes depends on the nurse... They are NOT all equally skilled!! Once you've had a bad experience it's almost impossible to "relax", but if you can, that seems to help me some. The medications recommended should help with that. Best to you.
Nomad06

9 years 3 months ago #48015 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Okay here is the list of meds they use for oral surgeries. Valium, Versed, Ativan, and Halcion. So he is giving you Valium so let's hope that works for you.

Good luck!

Anne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin47

9 years 3 months ago #48012 by AnneH
I can't answer about coverage, but they use a pill when doing oral surgery maybe they can use that. Will try and research the name of that pill.

9 years 3 months ago #48010 by Martin47
Replied by Martin47 on topic Altrnate to BCG in US? Is it Immucothel ??
Dear Ann,
I know the pain is coming from the catheder;
the doctor is doing the procedure himself; he is very experienced he is over 65 years of age,I guess; Now he told me today I should take the following meds two hrs before I arrive: one Percocet and one Valium (I have a driver). I have my doubts this will numb the nerves he must be hitting which hurt so much it makes me yell and scream and tears are forced out of my eyes because of the pain.

I will go on Wed. to the doctor for instillation Nr. 2, but I said to the doctor today, I will break off the treatment in the middle of his procedure if it hurts like the last time...Why is he refusing to give me a full anestesisa? He said Tricare and Medicare do not 'cover' full anestesia for this procedure, true?
Helpless
Martin47

9 years 3 months ago #48009 by AnneH
The pain is not from the BCG but the catheter, and they would need to use a catheter for Immucothel as well. Are they using numbing gel before inserting the catheter? Also I have taken a xanax, and pain pill you might want to ask for something from your doctor. Might want to have another nurse do the procedure, maybe she just didn't have the experience another nurse might have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick-Nack

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne