Diagnosed by accident...

9 years 4 months ago #47523 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic Diagnosed by accident...
Thank you both for replying. I havent heard any results from my abdominal scan yet im sure when I go to my urologist next friday for scope ill find out then. Yes I use to smoke til bout 6 weeks ago I quit when my husband got an all clear on his scope. But I had smoked for past 20 years also husband is a smoker. He was just dx in August so finding it hard to believe this disease would affect me as well. Im just nervous bout the whole thing. Surely it wouldnt hit us both

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47522 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic Diagnosed by accident...
Are you or your husband heavy smokers? If you live in a contaminated environment then both of you can get the same cancer. Just a thought. I know why I got a second cancer. There is 10-15% chance of a secondary cancer from the chemo and radiation treatments that I received over the years. But I had no choice.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #47521 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic Diagnosed by accident...
I am a 66 yo woman. I saw a blood clot in my urine one time 2 years ago. I had a urine test a few days later. No microscopic blood. I had no more symptoms of BC. It was detected by an unrelated CT scan as a small mass in the bladder just 3 weeks ago. I had a cystoscopy and it's not painful or scary. The only scary thing for me was the tumor view on the screen. It was like a flower with light pink petals growing from the wall. I am taking chemotherapy for another cancer. Now I have two cancers. How odd is that? My BC surgery is scheduled for January after I finish my other chemo. My uro is very experienced, it took him a second or less to get inside the bladder. And it was not embarrassing as they cover women with a blanket with a small window in it.
Did they see anything on your abdominal scan?

9 years 4 months ago #47519 by melmac95
Diagnosed by accident... was created by melmac95
Good Morning to everyone.

Was wondering if anyone had been diagnosed with Bc by accident? Meaning that there was no signs of problems. Also has anyone been diagnosed by having microscopic blood in their urine ?

I have been on this site for some time due to my husband having bladder cancer and everyone has been so much help. But recently I was referred to a Urologist myself for microscopic blood in my urine. The Urologist tested for infection and that came back negative. Had an abdominal scan yesterday and scheduled for a scope on the bladder next week. I keep telling myself that surely this same disease would not strike us both, not really scared but nervous about the scope and what lays ahead.

Also as a woman, can anyone tell me what to expect with the scope.. Pain ?

Thank you all in advance....

Melissa...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne