after my first round of bcg treatnents no sign of.

9 years 5 months ago #47329 by DougG
Glad to hear your good news, Kwhite! Hope you will have more good news to post after your November 19 appointment. :) Best wishes to you.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47325 by pemquid
Very glad to hear your good news. Been there, done that, and want to tell you it gets better over time, with each "all clear" check-up. Will you be having maintenance BCG treatments for a period of time? There are several different protocols for that.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

9 years 5 months ago #47319 by sara.anne
That is wonderful news!!!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwhite65

9 years 5 months ago #47314 by CatherineH
Congrats on finishing your BCG treatments. That's good news on your 3 week check. Every clear cysto is "winning". Your uro seems to be very vigilant in checking you again on the 19th. It's good to feel that your doctor is keeping a watchful eye on you.

Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to keep up with those appointments!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwhite65

9 years 5 months ago #47313 by kwhite65
After finishing my bcg treatments I went for a biopsy 3 weeks later. No tumors were found. I go back Nov. 19 for recheck. I'm nervous. I haven't noticed any syptoms. And believe me I'm always very aware that my situation can change. I know with bladder cancer the reoccurance rate is high. I'll take every good result. But not gonna let my guard down. I know how important it is to make every Dr. appointment. I let my guard down once. I'm not gonna do that again.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne