AS the 27th Draws Near

9 years 4 months ago #47435 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic AS the 27th Draws Near
Pathology should indicate that they got muscle with the sample. Often, most cases including mine have a second TURB to confirm this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnneH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47434 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic AS the 27th Draws Near
For my last TURBT Oct. 27th on my way into the operating room I asked the doctor to make sure he had gotten a muscle sample. Because I had read this article the previous week. Now do I know if he did I'm not sure would the slides state that this portion was muscle?

Thank you,

Anne

9 years 4 months ago #47433 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic AS the 27th Draws Near
Dear moderators, could you please put this link in the article section. Otherwise it hard to find it. Thanks.

9 years 4 months ago #47427 by AnneH
Alan thank you, I'm really confused on what my next steps should be. It's not comforting when you doubt your doctor's instructions.

Please don't stop sending me your comments.

Regards,

Anne

9 years 4 months ago #47426 by AnneH
Hi Sara Anne,

I know that you are not doctors but I respect your opinion. Im having a difficult time not sure what to do. I did read an article that stated if it's less than 5%high grade, you treat it as low grade. But it didn't take into consideration any other factors, such as recurrence, finding a new tumor in a different area. Do you know if it is low grade tumor, isn't slow growing and recurrence usually doesn't happen within the first two years?

He pretty much said expect another one in Feb.
The only NCI in Florida is Moffitt guess I will make an appointment Monday.

Please continue to post comments.

Thank you again for your help.
Anne

9 years 4 months ago #47425 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic AS the 27th Draws Near
Anne, I may have been similar 6.5 years ago as my URO was stunned with my biopsy after his cystoscope. He said what I had used to be grade 2 but, most now grade 1 or 3 and as I had some some high grade cells he immediately put be on BCG (he studied under one of the pioneers-Dr. Lamm). I second Sara Anne that a second opinion might be in order with a "few" high grade cells found. You want someone that sees a lot of BC!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne