BCG Treatments

9 years 7 months ago #47048 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic BCG Treatments
Carol,

Thanks for your prayers. I really need them! The new med they have me on is Urimar-T. Taking that along with 4 Advil has helped some. But I, like you, have laid in bed and cried at the thought of having to get up and go because I know how much it's going to hurt. My poor husband is beside himself because he wants to help and there's nothing he can do.

And this feeling of having no energy is killing me. I'm normally the one running circles around everyone, so it's very frustrating to have to say I'm too worn out to do something and ask for help. I'm not use to asking for help.

If I can just get through next week, then I can have a break for a little bit before it starts again. I figure just about the time I start feeling normal, we're going to start again. But hopefully only have 3 will not be as bad.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Cindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #47046 by carol58
Replied by carol58 on topic BCG Treatments
Cindy,

God bless you my friend! I have had almost the same reactions as you have experienced!! Excruciating misery in my book! But I finished my 6th one 2 weeks ago. I could barely hold it. I agonized in pain, cried, stamped my feet and shook with pain for 2-3 days starting with the 3rd treatment. I am still 2 weeks later having pain and urges and I am up 5-6 times at night to go. I hope you get thru your next 3 treatments better than I did. I have my cysto mid October. I will be praying for you.

Carol 58
Diag April 2014
2 inch tumor
Stage 1 Gr 3 bc
2 turbs, 6 bcg treatments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cindy B.

9 years 7 months ago #47044 by Cindy B.
Hey Melissa,

Been thinking and praying for your husband. So glad he's doing better. My treatments are about to put me under. I have no energy and my muscles are aching. They have given me stronger meds for the urination problem and they help some. Next week is my last one and then I have a break for 3 months before we begin again.

I truly appreciate your prayers. I am normally a strong person and can handle a lot but this has been horrible. Last week when they gave me my treatment the nurse said, "You are all red and swollen down there." And I said, "I told you things were not going good for me. And it's not happy down there." They had a hard time trying to put the catheter in because I was so swollen.

I am trying to remain positive but this has gotten me down because of the fact that they say it will reoccur. It's kind of like then why are we doing all this? But I know it's all about prolonging the reoccurrence.

It really helps to have others to talk things over with. Glad I found this site.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Cindy

9 years 7 months ago #47043 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic BCG Treatments
Cindy,
Hope that your treatments are going better than they had...
My husband has now had 5 treatment and thankfully they got a shipment of BCG in so he will do all 6 treatments.
He has been doing awesome with the treatments. Just the first 2 treatments caused him to have side effects, so other than that things have went smoothly.
Praying things are going better for you.. Take care..

Melissa

9 years 7 months ago #46994 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic BCG Treatments
Hope things get better for you with the treatments. My husband is doing pretty good. Yesterdays treatment went smoothly with no side affects at all. He will only be receiving a total of 5 treatments instead of the 6 due to the shortage so 3 down and just 2 left to go...
Take care and pray things go better for you...

Melissa

9 years 7 months ago #46993 by Cindy B.
Melissa,

I need to apologize, I've been calling you Dianne. Sorry I got you confused with someone else I had spoken with. Sorry! :(

Cindy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne