BCG Treatments

9 years 5 months ago #47266 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic BCG Treatments
Thank you Ann. Praying the treatments dont get worse. One step at a time. Will definitely be talking to his dr. My husband doesnt ask questions or tell them anything. Luckily he married a woman with a big mouth and im always asking everything when it comes to things esp this demon..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47262 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic BCG Treatments
Definitely talk to the Dr. about getting reduced dosage of the BCG. I started getting reaction (fever) during maintenance treatments, and was able to successfully complete them after the dosage was reduced. My maintenance protocol was somewhat different, with BCG instillations 3 weeks in a row every 3 months, then every 6 months at the end. I think once per month might be better, though there's less time between treatments to recuperate if there's a bad reaction. If your husband ends up having to stop the maintenance due to severe reactions, it's not the end of the world because he's at least had the initial course of treatment. There are differences of opinion in the medical community about maintenance schedules anyway.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

9 years 5 months ago #47261 by melmac95
Husband had 1st maintenance treatment on Thursday. Things didn't go so well. sadly this is the 1st of 12 treatments. He is scheduled to do 1 a month for the next 12 months. But I have heard that we can talk to his Dr and have the dose cut down a bit. So if need be, that will be what we will do. Heard a lot of people say that if there are side effects then that means the Bcg is working, just seems strange that my husband didn't have too bad of a time with the 6 weekly treatments, but his 1st maintenance was horrible.. Praying things don't get worse as treatments go on...

9 years 5 months ago #47177 by melmac95
Thank you,, we were both so relieved and felt like a ton had been lifted off our shoulders. I know these scopes will have to be done on a regular basis to ensure that nothing shows up but to just have an ALL CLEAR is a huge step.. We will continue to keep you in our prayers Cindy....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cindy B.

9 years 5 months ago #47176 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic BCG Treatments
WOO HOO!! Praise Jesus for answered prayers!! So glad he got an all clear. That's what I'm praying for when I go in Dec.

Cindy

9 years 5 months ago #47172 by melmac95
Husband had his first scope since finishing the 6 weeks of Bcg.. ALL CLEAR...... Starts his maintenance treatments in 2 weeks, 1 treatment a month for the next 12 months.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne