Here I Go Again

9 years 7 months ago #46810 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Here I Go Again
Joe, so sorry that you have having to go through this. One thing to remember is that urine cytology has one big negative....lots of false positives. Please think of this fact at 1 a.m.!!

Your urologist IS doing exactly what he should be and the next TURB should give you some answers.

Will keep my fingers crossed and think good thoughts!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46808 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Here I Go Again
So sorry to hear the news, of course you are understandably upset, this is a lot to absorb. I'm going to state what they say here often on this site, get a second opinion. You can have all the confidence in the world with your doctor but for any radical procedure you should get another view.

It is very sweet of you to protect your wife from the latest news, but I know I would want my husband to tell me, even if I had several issues going on in my life.

Good luck and vent all you want, we are here to listen!!

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #46807 by globalguy
Here I Go Again was created by globalguy
It's been some time since I last contributed (Mike's passing). Boy I wish he were here now.

I've recently had my regular screening. Cystoscopy, all looked normal, cytology, positive for malignancy, TCC once again. My doctor is puzzled and he leads the MGH Genitourinary Dept. TURBT scheduled 08-Sept. I have all the confidence in the world in my doctor. We've discussed, at a very high level, having to undertake a more radical approach.

I'm not one to jump into panic mode and business is keeping me busy, however, it's there, like a steady drumbeat, in the back of my mind. Waking up at 1:00a or 2:00a and staying up all night. I haven't told my wife yet as she's holding vigil, as her mother is in final stage of Alzheimer's. I can't throw this on her now, so here I am unloading to those who have supported me in the past.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to vent.

JoeP

Joe P

Diagnosed: 01/2012 - TCC CIS
All Clear: 06/2012
Diagnosed (Again): 02/04/2013 - TCC CIS
All Clear (Again): 05/03/2013
Diagnosed Yet Again 10/15/2014 - RCC
Working It
Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne