Biospy Results - 6 week BCG

9 years 7 months ago #46915 by raider
Replied by raider on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Thanks all, for the maintenance treatments we have to decide how to proceed. I've asked my Uro if we can reduce the dose even more then we did previously. We finished at 1/3 on my last treatment and he mentioned 1/10 as a possibility. I mentioned to him that I've read 1/100 or even 1/1000 could be effective. HE said that he needs to look into it and also look into Interferon alone as a possibility but he isn't too sure about that. I'm wondering if the Valrubicin would be an option as well. We have 6 months to get that part figured out, for now I get a 3 month break before my next cystoscopy.

This site has been amazing and helpful for me along the way, best wishes to you all and thanks for all the support!

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46913 by 4Phil
Replied by 4Phil on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Super Good News, Raider! Keep the good reports coming! And an encouraging word to share: My husband has CIS. He has had a total of 20 BCGs and his last 3 rounds of biopsies (since November of last year) have all been negative! We too are feeling that for some it may take longer for BCG to kick in. But we realize he is not out of the woods on this totally. His choice is to continue with surveillance vs cystectomy at this point even though the urology oncologists recommend RC. Very frustrating for us. Can you share what type of BC you have? Again, my husband's is CIS. Laurie & Phil

9 years 7 months ago #46912 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Great news! When you get those results, the whole world seems brighter!!
Diane

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #46911 by Nicke
Replied by Nicke on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Congratulations, That is very good news for you! It seems that the BCG sometimes need a little more time to do the job.

Have you decided about the maintenance treatment? In previous posts, you have written that you had to stop the BCG treatment half way into the second round, and that you are going to use something else as maintenance therapy.

Niklas

12-12 Diagnosis
13-1 Turb TAG1
13-5 Turb Ta low grade, multiple
13-10 Turb TaG2, multiple
13-11 Mitomycin 8 weeks + 6 month
15-01 Turb

9 years 7 months ago #46910 by raider
Biopsy results in, no cancer. Start maintenance program in 3 months!! Relieved is the best word to describe how I'm feeling

9 years 7 months ago #46854 by raider
Going in for my 3rd biopsy Monday, this is to see how I did with the 2nd round of treatments. I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst, I will update with results and next steps once I get them

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne