Biospy Results - 6 week BCG

9 years 7 months ago #46926 by 4Phil
Replied by 4Phil on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
That's terrific that you eat healthy. My husband does not and I cannot get him to change his ways. Too much meat, not enough fruits and veggies. It is a miracle he has agreed to take the curcumin. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll try harder to convince him switch to healthier choices which I totally believe in. Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46925 by raider
Replied by raider on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Laurie / Phil,

I have been taking Tumeric/Curcumin and we have been eating mostly organic diet along with juicing. I've eaten healthy most of my life and work out and now stepping it up another notch or 2.

I would not have my bladder removed without trying every option, if I can't take the BCG for maintenance we will have to use what my Uro thinks is best.

Good luck to you both and don't give up the fight!

Best wishes.
Mike

9 years 7 months ago #46924 by 4Phil
Mike, I hope you are out on that golf course as I type this to you. Let me share that the interferon is a "booster" for the BCG and is usually given with the second round of BCG. If you cannot tolerate BCG, it is our understanding that Valstar (formerly Valrubicin) is used for patients who cannot use BCG and as another shot at beating the bladder cancer if it recurs after a couple rounds of BCG for those who did tolerate it. My husband has non-invasive CIS and had one recurrence of a small malignant lesion after his 2nd round of BCG (Nov 2013). His urologist removed it and continued with 2 more rounds of BCG and since Feb. 2014 all biopsies have been negative. Even so, his Cleveland Clinic uro/surgeon is still recommending bladder removal. We are opting not to do that just yet, instead we continue to do our own research and learn from all the kind folks on the bladder cancer forums before making such a big decision. We've recently learned about Tumeric/Curcumin and have ordered it. It is a powerful antioxidant that has cancer fighting properties supported by a lot of research all over the net. We are so grateful for all the folks who have shared their knowledge with us. Mike, keep up the good work on your BC. Laurie & Phil

9 years 7 months ago #46923 by 4Phil
Mike, I hope you are out on that golf course as I type this to you. Let me share that the interferon is a "booster" for the BCG and is usually given with the second round of BCG. If you cannot tolerate BCG, it is our understanding that Valstar (formerly Valrubicin) is used for patients who cannot use BCG and as another shot at beating the bladder cancer if it recurs after a couple rounds of BCG for those who did tolerate it. My husband has non-invasive CIS and had one recurrence of a small malignant lesion after his 2nd round of BCG (Nov 2013). His urologist removed it and continued with 2 more rounds of BCG and since Feb. 2014 all biopsies have been negative. Even so, his Cleveland Clinic uro/surgeon is still recommending bladder removal. We are opting not to do that just yet, instead we continue to do our own research and learn from all the kind folks on the bladder cancer forums before making such a big decision. We've recently learned about Tumeric/Curcumin and have ordered it. It is a powerful antioxidant that has cancer fighting properties supported by a lot of research all over the net. We are so grateful for all the folks who have shared their knowledge with us. Mike, keep up the good work on your BC. Laurie & Phil

9 years 7 months ago #46921 by raider
Replied by raider on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Alan,

I'm golfing tomorrow even with some minor discomfort from the biopsy. Life is great!

9 years 7 months ago #46918 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Biospy Results - 6 week BCG
Raider,

Great news! Now, make me feel even better by getting on the golf course!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: raider

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne