I hate to always be a negative nancy...BUT...

9 years 11 months ago #46218 by Alan
Gina,

The odds are that it will work! It is just statistics though, meaning everyone is different as our bodies all respond different and everyone's cancer is slightly different. All I can say is most if not all of us have been through this and the majority have been fortunate to have it work. Until that first check up you really don't know, and remember my concern just like you. If not, life will and can go on without the bladder. I have tried to prepare myself mentally either way. Keep your time and life full of family or activity-after all-that is what is important.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #46211 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic I hate to always be a negative nancy...BUT...
Some cancers seem to be more susceptible to BCG than others....it isn't easy to predict which these might be. Some disappear and never come back (I am now six years out!!) and some seem to come back fairly quickly. In that case, sometimes BCG is tried again. If it does not appear to be working, the best solution is often bladder removal.

BUT since you cannot foresee this, POSITIVE THINKING is the only way to go!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: gina

9 years 11 months ago #46210 by gina
Has anyone here had little or no results with BCG? I am having bad thoughts with regards to its working this last time...does it always work for a little while or can cancer continue to grow while being treated? thanks.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne