6 year cysto good, cytology good, CT scan Questioa

10 years 2 weeks ago #46056 by Alan
Joey,

That sure sounds like just an infection (bacteria/blood on the first test) but, you are smart to accelerate your tests. I am going to assume you are another all clear/success story unless told otherwise.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #46049 by DougG
Joey,
Congrats on 6 years. I too, will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way on Wednesday.
Best wishes,
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

10 years 3 weeks ago #46038 by sara.anne
Remember, Joey....cytology has its uses, but is notorious for false negs and false
positives. It only works along with other diagnostic tests.

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 3 weeks ago #46036 by Joey
Sara, thanks. yes I had 30 BCG full strength over the years. The problem is the thickening is in the distal ureter right above where my tumor was in my bladder. I guess scarring could be in that part of the ureter also. I do know the scarring in the bladder at that spot is still there. Otherwise the bladder looks good. I wonder if there is cancer in the ureter would that also shed cancer cells in the urine, as my cytology was clean.

Joey

10 years 3 weeks ago #46034 by sara.anne
Joey, I know that you are worried (OK, not worried, "concerned") and I would be also. You just can't help it. However, do remember that you have had multiple surgeries (TURBs) and probably BCG (can't remember if you did this or not) and these do a number on your bladder. Probably that is what is showing up here.

Will keep good thoughts for you.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 3 weeks ago #46032 by rbmc
Congrats on the big "6". That's an impressive number. Will be rooting to keep you in the all clear zone. Good luck.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne