Odds of low grade Ta bladder cancer spreading

10 years 1 month ago #45959 by Hudsongrl
Replied by Hudsongrl on topic Odds of low grade Ta bladder cancer spreading
Thank you, thank you Sara Anne. You have no idea how much comfort your words give me! Yes, we will for sure continue with our bladder check ups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #45954 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Odds of low grade Ta bladder cancer spreading
Just want to chime in here and echo what my friends are saying. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the nodules in the lungs have anything to do with the bladder issues. And, as you know, histoplasmosis is very common in people who have lived in the midWest...not that this is what is causing the nodules. Most any time you go looking for "things" you find "things." These probably have nothing to do with anything.

I do understand your concerns (been there, done that.) But the only thing you and your husband need to do now is to keep up with the checkups on the bladder cancer. That is important,

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 1 month ago #45953 by Hudsongrl
Thanks Alan! Yes they told us straight up they were following protocol. They also said these newer CT scans pick up things old ones would have missed. None of this would show on chest xray. If not fir catching the lower lung lobe last April, none of this would be happening. That being said, i understand why they have to follow it now...cover own butts. Lol

Glad your wife had just a cyst. I've had 3 benign breast issues over the years. Scary stuff. But, happy news when it is all benign :)

You guys here are great for cal ing ones nerves. Pull me i n off the ledge. Ha

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #45952 by Alan
With your Doc having 40 years of experience I would follow his advice. As mentioned by Diesel doc and I am sure others would chime in as low grade doesn't progress fast plus mets are very unlikely from such a scenario. Nodules in the lungs are often benign and of no consequence. From my viewpoint I believe they are following protocol by monitoring. Sometime we can "look" for things-seems I feel like every ache and pain in me is a precursor to maybe something worse. I finally put that past me. For example, my wife had a nodule in one of her breasts about 6 years ago at 55. It turned out to just be a cyst.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

10 years 1 month ago #45951 by Hudsongrl
Yes, they said they got good margins. At his first post op check 3 months out, they went back in under anesthesia /outpatient to double check how things looked,in the bladder ran dye up into kidneys etc and all was clear. Other cystos were done in office. Our uro / onc is highly respected , teaches at the hospital, has 40 years experience. We asked about a pulmonologist and were told by doc and radiologist there is nothing to do but follow as these are so tiny. As you can tell my anxiety is through the roof. They also noted a burned out granuloma in same lung, which they tell us is consistent with histoplasmosis and a GOOD thing. Lol

Thanks for your reply. I also think ta low grade would not be likely to spread. And the fact that the 2 mm nodule is stable after 10 months is good too. 2 mm so tiny, and nothing can be biopsied unless it is 8mm or larger. This is wny they say a pulmonologist can be no further help at this point.

10 years 1 month ago #45950 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Odds of low grade Ta bladder cancer spreading
Assuming they got good margins when they did the surgery, and it has not returned in the bladder. The odds of the bladder cancer spreading is extremely low. The lung nodules are something you should see a pulmonologist about. Second opinions are some think we preach about on here a lot.

As we all say here is, sorry your here but glad you came!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne