All clear!

10 years 11 months ago #44492 by Hudsongrl
Replied by Hudsongrl on topic All clear!
Thank you Catherine! I read the entire thread you suggested! I think maybe my husband should ask for a valium before next cysto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #44487 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic All clear!
Congratulations on getting the 'all clear' on the first follow up cysto. I know words can't describe what a huge relief it is to hear those words!

There is an older thread about cysto pain for some of the guys. Reading through it, there were a couple of suggestions. There is numbing gel used just prior to the procedure. Just make sure the doctor gives it enough time to work well for the insertion of the scope. And getting the gel put in was uncomfortable for some.

Also, some of the guys took a Valium (or similar) before the procedure just to relax the body and mind to keep any tension-induced pain to a minimum.

Don't hesitate to let the doctor know there was a lot of pain on the previous cystocopy and ask for something to help with that. Your husband and you have to be his own best, and loudest, advocate. These procedures are so routine to our doctors, but everyone has different pain levels and tolerances, so just let him know about it.

If you would like to read through that particular thread, you can find it here:
www.bladdercancersupport.org/forum/3-newly-diagnosed/40147-cystoscopy-pain?limitstart=0

Again, BIG congrats to you both!!!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 11 months ago #44486 by Hudsongrl
All clear! was created by Hudsongrl
My husband was diagnosed with Ta, low grade bladder cancer in December. He just got an all clear on first follow up cysto. We are relieved and so thankful. Our doc insited on doing this first recheck in the hospital. Next one will be in office. Does anyone have a doc thst offers any meds prior to cystos done in office? My husband had terrible terrible pain with the last in office cysto.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne