Probiotics

10 years 11 months ago #44500 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Probiotics
Probiotics are a must have if you are on antibiotics. I found that out after the antibiotics gave me burning stools (Now thats a pain in the Butt) :laugh:
The nurse said to use yogurt three times a day. It took about 3 days but then it started to work.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #44499 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Probiotics
Probiotics cant hurt. I upped my anti oxidents intake. I eat lots of dark berries like blackberries and blueberries and drink pomegranate juice (3 to 4 ounces) 4 to 5 nights a week. Who knows? I do know there is some evidence that anti oxidants help in many cancers. I cut out carbonated soda's. I felt I had to "participate" in some way in my care!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

10 years 11 months ago #44478 by Dwob
Replied by Dwob on topic Probiotics
Yes i have bc. Tur december 2012. Clear so far. I am taking probiotic supplements. I can see no downside. I started taking them at the suggestion of my pharmacist for an intestional problem and ran across the mayo article. I will be interested to hear what my doc thinks.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #44477 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Probiotics
Thanks for posting the link and welcome to the forum!

That's a very interesting perspective and one I had not heard before on the "pre"biotics. It is one of the few times I have read something that actually mentions a potentially positive effect on bladder cancer recurrence. Have you been diagnosed with bc?

I probably need to consume more yogurt but I've got the whole grain and bananas thing covered pretty well. Since all those foods are considered healthy in general nutritional aspects, it certainly seems that it would have few downsides. Mayo Clinic is definitely a reputable source. Interesting indeed!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 11 months ago #44475 by Dwob
Replied by Dwob on topic Probiotics
www.mayoclinic.com/health/probiotics/AN00389

This link is what motivated me to try probionics.

10 years 11 months ago #44469 by Dwob
Probiotics was created by Dwob
Has anyone researched the use of probioatics regarding bladder cancer? II had surgery 14 months ago and began a regiment of probioatics 2 months ago. I have not discussed this with my Dr and plan to on my next visit. I was a tobacco user.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne