Cystoscopy in office or outpatient?

11 years 2 months ago #43986 by jswim789
Replied by jswim789 on topic Cystoscopy in office or outpatient?
I'm just starting out at this (also Ta low grade) and all of my cystos have been done in the office as well as the upcoming one in March.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #43982 by Markq
Replied by Markq on topic Cystoscopy in office or outpatient?
Mine have all been done in the office. A Cystoscopy done in the hospital will be a lot more expensive. If he finds a suspecious area while he's in the OR he can take biopsies right then. If he's had no complications or other issues to complicate a Cystoscopy it seems like overkill to me - But I'm not a Urologist.

47 yo, Ta G3
Diagnosed 11-24-10
BCG induction starting 12/17/10 followed by BCG maintance.

11 years 2 months ago #43977 by Hudsongrl
Cystoscopy in office or outpatient? was created by Hudsongrl
My husband is scheduled for his first post surgery cysto on April 12 th. His tumor was grade 1, ta. Our uro is excellent and we are at a large teaching hospital in Chicago. He likes to do his cystos outpatient rather than in office. He feels he can be more thorough and get a better look. BUT, he requires so much pre op stuff, CT scan, EKG, blood work, urinalysis...basically same stuff he required before initial surgery to remove tumor. Is this typical? I am concerned about radiation from CT scan, not to mention the cost. Of all this testing. Haven't gotten caught up on first round of hospital bills yet.

Any input would be appreciated. Just want to know what experiences you all have had with 3 month check up cystos. Thanks!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne